Many people get stumped when trying to decide what to do on a first date. You probably don’t know the other person very well, but you want to come up with first date ideas that you’re both comfortable with, and that will allow for good conversation.
Try these first date ideas from AskMen and Match.com if you’re trying to come up with a plan for your first outing with a potential special someone:
- Coffee and Conversation. Meeting at a coffee shop is one of the most popular first date ideas, because it’s very low pressure. You don’t have to worry about who picks up the tab or spilling food on your shirt, and you can make it a relatively short adventure if your date turns out to be a dud.
- Bowling. If you’re wondering what to do on a first date that doesn’t allow for too many awkward pauses in conversation, consider going bowling. This will give the two of you time to chat, and if you run out of things to say, you can always talk about your game.
- Hiking in the Park. A first date doesn’t have to cost money. Instead, get to know the other person by taking a leisurely hike in your local park. This will also help you to quickly gauge their sense of adventure.
- Museum. If you’re trying to determine what to do on a first date with an intellectual type, suggest heading to a local museum. Get to know one another while browsing through the exhibits.
- Brunch. Set a laid-back vibe for your first date by getting together for brunch. The two of you can bond over bagels, while discussing your weekend escapades.
- Driving Range. If you’re both athletic, score some points for choosing one of the more creative first date ideas by heading to the driving range. The golfer with the most skills can show off by helping the other to improve their swing. Everyone wins!
- Listening to Live Music. Going to a show is a great first date for music lovers. Suggest a band you like, or let them take the lead and introduce you to a new group. This is a relaxed and fun way to get a glimpse into the world of your potential mate.
- Ice Skating. If you’re looking for first date ideas during the winter months, suggest bundling up and going ice skating. This is a cute way to show your date a bit of innocent romance, without taking it over the top.
- A Quick Drink. If your first date is actually a blind date, you want to think of quick, low-pressure ideas for your outing, so you can make a speedy exit if you don’t have that loving feeling. Meeting for a drink at happy hour is a great way to check them out and see if you’re interested. If you hit it off, you can always suggest continuing conversation over dinner.
- Dinner. If you’re trying to think of good first date ideas for someone you’re already at least a little bit acquainted with, dinner is always a classic plan. Choose a casual spot where you’ll both be comfortable, instead of adding to your first date pressure by opting for a fancy location.
Author: Laura Jerpi